Notes on a Lazy (and I mean, Lazy) Sunday

It wasn't exactly easy getting my butt to the keyboard and motivated to write, this very, extremely, lazy Sunday afternoon. But I'm here and I *might* have things to say about things, damnit. 

Gawd knows I had time to attack the Exercise and give it its daily do. Indeed, I had an entire three-hour window in which to log in and start writing. Even with laundry and lunch and various other chores beckoning and distracting, there was still plenty of time to pour myself into the project and keep the hope alive. 

Yep, it was there. But then the kiddo got home and legos were built and football was on and I lost myself (not unwillingly) in the melee that is suburban home life. Not necessarily unhappily, but lost nonetheless.

But now I'm here, and things are starting to rattle in the brainpan. And perhaps it's time to get down to business and put some effort into this thing. 

I've been thinking a bit about the Biden classified documents "scandal" (yawn) today and the fodder it's given GOPers to attack anything and everything Biden/Democrat. Even as hollow as this supposed scandal really really is, this seemingly unnecessary goof up seems to provide just enough leverage to launch missive after missive into the ether just to see what sticks. 

And it's not as though the GOP needs an excuse to spew nonsense and fill the void with non-sequiturs, or to use any perceived flaw or misstep to distract from the ongoing dumpster fire of former glory squatting at the moldy golf shack in Florida. 

But despite there really being no comparison between the two classified document imbroglios (aside from the terms mishandled, classified, and documents showing up in some form in both situations), the dinks push on and use the optics to salivate the redhatted masses, who slurp it up unabashedly like gravy over fried corndogs. 

And it occurs to me that I've actually been looking at this issue all wrong.

Til Tomorrow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rejoining Corporate America

Notes on Writing: What's So Special About Counsels, Anyway?

Anti-Social Media and the Art of Burning Bridges